Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Switch


The "Switch" intrigues me and I decided to write more about it.  I realised a teacher's job is not to impart knowledge through babbling  talking in front of the class day in day out.  Teaching and pumping facts into the poor child's head.  Mind you...these children are not turkeys meant to be stuff with herbs N spices.   











I had just completed a chapter of my Module (my exam) and it discussed about Gardner's Multiple Intelligences. Well...as a teacher, I often label my pupils based on their appearances. Judging a book by it's cover shouldn't be a criteria !


Well..
According to Gardner, human are born with 9 intelligences. A person's profile reflects a unique configuration of these intelligences....just a matter of degree how these intelligences plays a role in our lives. A child who excels academically is usually Linguistically or Mathematical inclined. That's what our education system is all about. Those who scored strings of As are considered as excellent students and role models to their peers.

How about those who don't...? Some may not be good academically but they do excel in other fields like music or sports. These people boost their bodily kinesthetic, visual spatial or musical intelligences as in Gardner's theory.

Teachers or to be more precise....the Malaysian education system often overlooked this point.

What say you ?  Comment la...don't be so stingy to give your feedback...ladear teachers.  Tulis dalam Bahasa pun tak apa...asalkan dapat kongsi idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment